Comparing Laser & Radiofrequency Skin Resurfacing Treatments (Part 2)
In this two-part article the skin resurfacing experts at AMAE Med Spa in the Troy, MI provide a reference guide for comparing types of skin resurfacing techniques to assist you in determining the ideal applications for your skin type, skin problems or issues, and desired results.
CLICK HERE FOR PART 1
Radiofrequency Microneedling Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Radiofrequency Microneedling – like Morpheus8 RF microneedling – uses a device that delivers radiofrequency energy through tiny needles into the skin, creating micro-injuries. This triggers the body’s natural healing process, producing new collagen and elastin, which tightens and firms the skin.
The procedure resurfaces the skin by stimulating cell regeneration, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and improving skin texture, tone, and overall appearance.
The benefits of Radiofrequency Microneedling over other skin resurfacing treatments include:
- Minimal downtime: Unlike laser or chemical peels, RF microneedling requires minimal downtime, allowing patients to return to their normal activities immediately after the treatment.
- Non-invasive: RF microneedling is a non-invasive procedure that does not remove the top layer of skin, making it suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Safe for all skin types: Unlike laser treatments, RF microneedling can be safely performed on all skin types, including dark or tanned skin.
- Effective for multiple skin concerns: RF microneedling can effectively treat a wide range of skin concerns, including fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, uneven skin texture, and hyperpigmentation.
- Long-lasting results: The results of RF microneedling can last for several months, making it a cost-effective option for maintaining youthful-looking skin.
- Little to no pain: RF microneedling is performed with a topical numbing cream, making the procedure comfortable and pain-free for most people.
Radiofrequency Microneedling skin resurfacing treatments may not be right for every patient. Contraindications, for use include:
- Active skin infections or inflammation
- Autoimmune disorders
- History of keloid scarring
- Recent use of isotretinoin (within 6 months)
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Pacemaker or another implanted electrical device
- History of skin cancer or precancerous lesion
- Severe dermatitis or eczema
- Active herpes simplex outbreaks
- Blood clotting disorders or taking blood-thinning medications.
Best Skin Resurfacing Treatments
There are many available skin resurfacing treatments on the market. Each has direct benefits, and not every procedure is right for every patient. So, it is important to consult with trained and experienced skin care experts – like the specialists at AMAE in the Troy, MI area who can evaluate your skin and recommend the best treatment or combination of therapies. We offer several of the most advanced, state-of-the-art skin resurfacing treatments that are highly effective at treating lines, wrinkles, laxity, scars and other skin imperfections at our Troy, MI area Med Spa.
Skin Resurfacing Treatments | Troy, MI Area
Troy, MI area board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Ali offers the best, state-of-the-art technologies in laser skin care, skin resurfacing treatments, and wrinkle, line, redness and dark spot reduction. In addition to CO2RE laser skin resurfacing treatments, we also offer Nordlys Ellipse IPL, Fraxel 1550 laser, Morpheus8 RF Microneedling, ThermiSmooth radiofrequency, chemical peels and more.
Each skin resurfacing treatment begins with a professional skin consultation. Treatments are selected and optimized to meet the specific needs of each client with the most innovative and comprehensive products and technologies. For optimal results we also offer custom packages of laser treatments, under the guidance of Dr. Ali and our skilled nurses and medical aesthetician.
Schedule a laser or radiofrequency skin resurfacing treatment – and then relax in our Troy, MI area Med Spa, while we make you look and feel younger and even more attractive!
Skin Resurfacing Treatments | Troy, MI Area: 248.335.7200