Preparing for Your Microblading Appointment
Microblading is a method of applying semi-permanent cosmetics to your eyebrows, creating extremely fine, natural looking hair strokes. The results can be life-changing, creating the perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows you’ve always wanted.
Medical aesthetician Ramona offers the absolute best, most natural looking approach to eyebrow enhancement in Oakland County at our Birmingham MedSpa. In this article we address the best way to prepare for your Microblading appointment.
Is There Anyone Who Can’t Get Microblading?
While almost anyone is a good candidate for eyebrow Microblading, there are a few pre-existing medical conditions that prevent you from getting eyebrow microblading.
Do NOT get Microblading if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have a tendency to scar, keloid, or develop birthmarks or moles
- You have a bleeding disorder
- You have a skin disease, irritation or a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
If you have a serious disease – such as diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, or an autoimmune or circulatory disorder – your doctor’s permission is required before you can get microblading.
Certain Medications Can Interfere with Microblading:
- Blood thinning medication
- Accutane or other strong Retinoids (wait 6 months after treatment ends)
- Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen (wait 24 hours)
- Botox or Disport treatment (wait 2 months)
Things NOT to do Before Microblading:
- Tan (wait 3 days)
- Get a sunburn (wait until it heals)
- Wax or pluck your brows (wait 3 days)
- Have a chemical peel (wait two weeks)
- Have a dermabrasion or laser (wait two weeks)
- Take omega3 / fish oil (wait 1 week)
You should also avoid using exfoliators and skincare products containing glycolic acid, Retin A, Renova, and alpha hydroxy acids for at least 72 hours before Microblading – as they can inflame your skin.
The Day of Your Microblading Appointment
You should not drink alcohol before coming in (or the night before), as it can cause you to bleed more. Excessive bleeding keeps the pigment from being able to penetrate into the skin during Microblading.
You should also avoid drinking coffee, caffeine or energy drinks on the day of treatment. Do not take any painkillers, as they can also cause excessive bleeding! Ramona will numb your eyebrow area for you, to minimize any discomfort.
It is a good idea to shower and wash your hair before coming in, as you need to try and take extra care not to get your eyebrows wet for several days after Microblading, while the pigment sets.
Wear comfortable clothes and prepare to relax and be pampered by Ramona in our beautiful new Birmingham MedSpa!
Birmingham’s Best Microblading Spa
Birmingham medical aesthetician Ramona offers the absolute best, most natural looking approach to creating the perfect looking, thick, full eyebrows you’ve always wanted. Relax in our Birmingham MedSpa, while Ramona makes you look and feel even more beautiful!
Schedule a Microblading Consultation at our Birmingham MedSpa: 248.335.7200